EU GDPR Foundation Training (1 Day) Course Outline
Digital Training is an information security company, which will help you establish an EU GDPR implementation action plan.
Our foundation level course is for (7 hours) and is designed for those new to data protection as well as experienced data protection professionals.
This certified course will provide an overview and practical steps organisations must take to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR.
EUGDPR Foundation Course
- Knowledge of the data protection landscape
- GDPR Scope
- Privacy Principles
- Data Subject rights
- Responsibilities of the Data Controller
- Data Protection by Design and Default
- Outsourcing (using 3rd Party Data Processors)
- Records of processing activities
- Security of personal data - Overview of compliance frameworks to ensure ongoing Confidentiality,
- Integrity and Availability of systems and services processing personal data.
Learn the general principles for personal data transfers (outside the EU)
- Transfers on the basis of adequacy
- Transfer subject to adequate safeguards
- Binding Corporate Rules
Conditions for imposing fines (and the specific Articles likely to trigger the fines)
- At the end of each section, delegates will learn how to interpret the regulation, integrate Privacy Principles into business policies and procedures as well as identify the associated controls and evidence required to demonstrate compliance.
- By the time the delegate has completed the course, delegates should be able to:
- Know the six Privacy Principles and how to interpret and apply them in practice.
- Learn the basics of data mapping to identify personal data work streams, how it informs risks and where it can help in communicating data breaches.
- Use the provided GPPR checklist to check alignment with key elements of a good practice control framework (e.g. Policies, Procedures, Guidance and Records).
We will provide hot and cold drinks, snacks and lunch in our modern training room, with course materials handouts and EU GDPR book.